You want to be recognized as one of the world’s greatest watercolourists! See your work in the leading art magazines and receive offers to exhibit in the top shows worldwide! Win up to $12,000 in cash! It is what all artists dream of and now this dream could become your reality.
For the past four years The Art of Watercolour, and the magazine’s French edition, L’Art de l’Aquarelle have promoted the talent of watercolour artists from all horizons into 32 different countries. We can do better. Today we are taking another step forward creating “The World Watercolour Competition”, aiming at stimulating artists worldwide and pushing the boundaries of technique, creativity and originality. There is $25,000 cash prizes to be won, no theme or size imposed and the competition is open to all artists; amateur and professional, from all nations. This competition, of four selection processes, offers the chance of a lifetime for all who participate.
THE MAIN PRIZES (this list is not conclusive and none of the prizes are accumulative):
• The Jury’s Gold Award of Excellence : $12,000 + a major Portfolio article in The Art of Watercolour and L’Art de l’Aquarelle magazines
• The Jury’s Silver Award : $5,000 + a major article in The Art of Watercolour and L’Art de l’Aquarelle magazines.
• The Jury’s Bronze Award: $3,000 + a major article in The Art of Watercolour and L’Art de l’Aquarelle magazines.
• The Best French Artist Award : $2,000 + an article in The Art of Watercolour and L’Art de l’Aquarelle magazines.
This prize is open to French artists only.
• The best painting award for a painting valued under $1,000 : $1,000 + an article inThe Art of Watercolour and L’Art de l’Aquarelle.
• The best amateur artist’s painting : $1,000 + an article in The Art of Watercolour and L’Art de l’Aquarelle magazines.
• The best young artist award (open only to artists under 30 years of age) : $1,000 + an article in The Art of Watercolour and L’Art de l’Aquarelle magazines.
Total prize money (excluding all merchandising): $25,000
This exhibition has four selection processes. The first selection will be conducted by the members of the magazine’s editing team. The following three stages will all be juried by a select panel of five highly recognized international judges : Xidan Chen (Artist & President of the International Watercolour Biennial, Shanghai, China), Tony Hunt (Artist & Vice-President of the Royal Watercolour Institute, England), Jim McFarlane (Artist & President of the American Watercolour Society, USA), Janine Gallizia (Artist, Art Director of The Art of Watercolour Magazine), Nicholas Simmons (Artist, USA).
Notice that the top 20 artists will exhibit their two paintings in Europe most prestigious event in Narbonne, South of France.
Application for the competition is officially open:
Each participant must fill in the form including all the elements listed below
to confirm his/her application:
• Two high-quality photos of the entered paintings (PDF or jpeg files, 10 x 15 cm. 300 dpi). The paintings entered will be the paintings that will undergo the selection process and must remain available for the course of the competition. The announcement of the award winners will take place in The Art of Watercolour December 2014 issue.
• Your details in French or English: Full name, address, country, date of birth, telephone number, email address.
• The painting details: Titles, dimensions, techniques used, price, the year of completion of the paintings
(the paintings must have been painted during the last five years).
• State whether you are an amateur or professional artist (a professional status can be assumed if the painter earns the majority of his/her income from his/her artistic activities).
• A written authorization allowing the magazines to print the images received and a declaration of honor stating that the paintings are original works by the artist.
• The participation of the first selection is free of charge.
Accepted techniques: Paintings comprised predominantly of watercolour.
Selection entries close: 14th November 2013.
The final announcement of the award allocations after the three selection processes: October 2014 with a publication
in The Art of Watercolour December 2014 issue.
Click on the link below to fill in the application form / Gracias por hacer clic en el lazo más abajo para cumplir el formulario de inscripción