ARE THERE A SET THEME?
Theme of this competition: OPEN SUBJECT. Your painting can be abstract or figurative. Aim as high as you can go!
Send us 1 work and a photo of yourself.
There is neither a minimum nor a maximum size for the works and
no obligatory format.
WHEN IS THE CLOSING DATE?
The deadline for entries is MAY 8th, 2017 at midnight Paris time.
WHO CAN ENTER?
This competition is open to all readers of The Art of Watercolour aged 18 and above, no matter their country of residence. Only one entry per person is allowed.
WHAT MEDIUMS ARE ACCEPTED?
Either paintings entirely in watercolour or ones in mixed media, as long as watercolour is the dominant medium.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
To participate in the first step of the selection process, each entrant must fill in the form available online and attach the documents listed below:
• A good quality digital photo of the watercolour painting you have chosen to enter in the competition (size 10 x 15 cm with a resolution of 300 DPI. Only files in
the .jpg format will be accepted). The maximum file size of your image must not exceed 10 MB. The better the quality of your image, the more chance you have of being selected.
• The photo of your painting must be accompanied by your name and E-mail address. Please also include the title of your painting, its dimensions (height x width), the date it was painted and the medium used.
• A good quality portrait photo of yourself (size 10 x 15 cm with a minimum resolution of 300 DPI. Only files in the .jpg format will be accepted).
• Your complete contact details: full name, age, date of birth, address, postcode, town, country, telephone number and E-mail address.
• You must tick in the relevant place on the form to authorise the reproduction of the photos you have submitted (painting and portrait photos) in The Art of Watercolour magazine, on www.artofwatercolour.com and Facebook account, as well as on the websites of the competition partners.
• You must also tick the sworn statement to say that the photo submitted is of a painting that is entirely your own original work. By original, we mean that it is not a copy of another artwork and, if it was painted after a photo, this photo was either taken by the participating artist or that he/she has obtained the authorisation of the photographer for it to be reproduced as a painting.
A jury of two artists will select the winning entry.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I'VE WON?
The names of shortlisted artists will be published in the June 2017 (No 27) issue of the magazine.
The winner will be the subject of an article to be published in the September 2017 (No 28) issue.